Thursday, August 31, 2006

A few things

This will have to be brief as my cold is getting to me (and my ability to formulate coherent sentences). Went to a hen party last night - the bride-to-be is the fiancée of a work colleague. Was a rather more sedate experience than I had anticipated, but a fun evening nonetheless. Caught up with an old friend whom I have not seen for several months and made lots of 'wedding favours'. Hen parties seem to have that effect; bringing together friends that one has lost touch with. The wedding is on Sunday and is a Jewish ceremony. It should be an interesting experience.

Am supposed to be going to watch another work colleagues band tonight. They are called Angel Anderson and Leon is the guitarist. He has just returned from playing (drum teching) at Reading Festival with another band (he is multi-banded) and e-mailed to tell me that he was also asked to play for Franz Ferdinand on one of their songs which involves many drummers. How exciting!

And I finally got around to looking at Harry's Place; a blog which M has been raving about for a few weeks. It's a little confusing at first and some of the posters are exceedingly annoying and/or rude to each other, but relatively interesting.

PS. Am getting fed up with people ringing to offer me an upgrade to a new mobile telephone. And then not doing what they say that they will. So far I've taken almost 10 calls this week. How do I get them to leave me alone (without changing my number - which is the whole reason I'm staying with it in the first place!)

No comments: