Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Woe is Me

{Image by W2 Products}

It is not a good time to be in my profession. It is a worse time to be coming up for qualification and soon to be redundant. That said, it is not a good time for many professions. I don't really know what else to do. I have been applying for every job for which I am suitable in my field in every part of the country. And still nothing. I just have to hope something comes along or who knows what we shall do.

At least this mug (paid for by the cleaners who broke my original one) is cheering me up in the meantime.

(Normal blogging to resume once I have a moment when I am not job hunting, wedding planning, in hospital or worrying...)


9 comments:

Marie said...

Not really sure what to say except if there's anything I can do... M x

pierre l said...

I don't know what to say either, except to wish you good luck. I hope that whatever "in hospital" refers to is no too serious.

Rachel said...

Thanks for your support. I am just having one of those days.

The 'in hospital' refers to a routine day op later this month to diagnose/rule out something which has been giving me lots of pain. Should be back on my feet within 2 weeks though, the timing could just have been better...

pierre l said...

Many hugs, and I hope the pain goes away.

Unknown said...

I have never known a time when so many lives are influx, sorry to hear yours is too.

But at least your love is definate.

Rachel said...

SAEM: true, and it is a blessing. And I know one can't have everything.

Yet love don't pay the rent, or my loans I took out to get to being qualified.

But I do take your point. xx

Anonymous said...

I hope things work out for you soon. Until then appreciate the good stuff (getting married!), and don't give the less good stuff any more thought and time than they deserve.

Good luck!

Jermac said...

Sorry the job hunt isn't going so well and good luck with anything that does come up. "Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny".

The Cwtch said...

:o( oh no, that sounds like an awful lot to deal with at one time. You will get through this, perhaps the job situation will lead you somewhere you never expected but it will all work out. Sending you lots of good vibes...